Oktoberfest 2013 - October 3, 4, & 5, 2013
Please note: No Pets Allowed in the Festival Area
General Information for Those Attending the Oktoberfest:
- Handicapped Parking is available at the Lynn Hotel lot, corner of W. 2nd Street and Indianapolis Avenue (across from Bevers Pharmacy). Handicap accessible portalets are also placed at one end of this parking lot. Additional Handicap parking and motorcycle parking will be available at the Keach Parking Lot corner of 4th & Walnut Streets west of the Post Office.)
- Free shuttle service is available from the high school parking lot. School is not in session on Friday. Cars may be parked at the high school lot, and the shuttle will be going back and forth from 4:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. on Thursday and Saturday, and from 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. on Friday to the downtown area near the west stage. The shuttle is run by members of the Jackson County Sheriff’s posse, and use of the tractor is donated by Deer Country Equipment.
- A flea market is operated by the First Methodist Church, 3rd and Ewing Streets, and is open all three days from 11:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. Check out their booths for brand new items that are sold, as well as flea market items.
- The Jackson County Ambulance Service, will be operating a first aid station on N. Chestnut Street near the North Stage, if anyone is in need of this service.
- Visitors from out-of-county should be sure to register at the Information Booth for the free $100 gas card d drawing. This is donated by the Oktoberfest.
- Two portable baby-changing units are located at One Kids Square, corner of St. Louis & Chestnut.
- Security staffed Motorcycle parking will be available at the Keach Parking lot, 4th and Walnut Streets.
- The Information booth will be open each day at the center of the festival. Listen for announcements of special events or get help if you have a problem. During the festival, you may call the Information booth at 812- 523-1414. Lost and Found will also be kept at the information booth.
- Portalets are available at easily accessed places throughout the festival.
Click here to check out other places to visit in Jackson County at Jackson County Visitors Center.
Location and Driving Information
Seymour is located in beautiful southern Indiana, an hour south of Indianapolis and an hour north of Louisville,
on Interstate 65, where it crosses U.S. 50. Below are simple driving directions from your area:
- Indianapolis, Indiana - I-65 South to US-50 W via exit number 50B to Seymour
- Louisville, Kentucky - I-65 N to US-50 W via exit number 50B to Seymour
- Cincinnati, Ohio - I 71 (I 75) heading southwest to HWY 275 heading west. Left on 50 SPUR heading southwest to HWY 50 to Seymour
- Bedford, Indiana - Turn LEFT onto US-50 E/16TH ST. Continue to follow US-50 E to Seymour
- North Vernon, Indiana - West on US-50 W to Seymour
- Need more information on what to do and where to stay while in Seymour, Indiana for the annual Oktoberfest?
Visit the Jackson County Visitor Bureau ONLINE or give them a call at (812) 524-1914.